Cold smoke generator

tony76248

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I received this one for Christmas from my wife. Anyone had any experience with one? It looks quite simple and totally foolproof. I have no doubt that it will work like a charm. I have attempted to smoke cheese on several occasions with one of my many smokers but no matter how low a temp I try to smoke, I always end up with goo. I will let ya'll know how this one works. I am going to build me a wooden box and install cookie cooling racks and give it a run this coming weekend.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160192429221

cold smoking for me, i just fill a pan with ice cubes and put a rack over the top of it.

i do this with venison and cheese.

according to my therm, the temp stays relatively low at the grate.

just make sure to refill the ice pan after a while

There were some others who made their own version and discussed in another thread... If you do a search you should be able to find some feedback.

Well, now that I have this one, I can definitely improve upon it, but I will use it for now and see where it takes me. I love smoked cheese!

Norcor, I had looked at those threads after I made my initial post. I was hoping for more of the smoked look, Will it be possible with this smoke generator? Both of ours look extremely similar in build.

Also, someone mentioned the galvanized being an issue. It will not give off poisonous gasses until a temp of 900 degrees is reached, those temps would only occur if you were welding would be my guess.

I was also wondering if you used pellets in yours or went with wood chips?

An update of this smoke generator, the tube isn't galvanized, it is aluminum. There is no galvanized metal anyplace on this device.

Interesting gadget. I just use less fuel for cold smoking... a LOT less. Cooking at 100 degrees ain't easy.

cold smoking for me, i just fill a pan with ice cubes and put a rack over the top of it.

i do this with venison and cheese.

according to my therm, the temp stays relatively low at the grate.

just make sure to refill the ice pan after a while

very nice suggestion

Back