View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #11947
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm5577 View Post
I've only cooked on it twice so far but I am definitely very fond of it. I can see it easily becoming the go to cooker for anything. I am still debating adding in some holes around the top to put rebar to hang meats, also tempted to add another rack position, I'm picking up a used 22.5" OTG tonight so I'll have a spare lid that I could use to get some added height. But want to get a feel for it before i go and screw with it.

I got the ash catcher with it, and I find it to be clumsy, i can't pull the basket out with out tilting the ash catcher around the thermometer stem, dumping ash into the drum. So I'm using the inner bottom of an old ECB as an ash catcher, works well so far.
Don't screw with adding holes because it won't shut down well when you're done. As far as another grate you can add one on the upper u bolts but i keep a holy pizza pan there myself. For more space if i need it i'll put in a camping grill over my normal grate but gotta use a domed lid in that configuration.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote