My Fancy Pit Temp Controller Device

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Works great! :thumb:

Photo1-72.jpg

Looks like it works great! I use a piece of baling wire on my horizontal wood burner. :mrgreen:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Sooo, what are you trying to say, here, gtr? Are those of us who use electronic temperature controllers inferior to your royal bbq highness? :drama:

Harrumph. :mmph:

CD

• Thanks
I have a small rock I use to prop my offset's lid open when it gets too hot in the pit.

• Thanks
When are you gonna get a real cooker?

I have a real cooker. A couple of them. I'm just waiting to be a real cook now. I thought it would happen when I got a real cooker. :twitch:

Sooo, what are you trying to say, here, gtr? Are those of us who use electronic temperature controllers inferior to your royal bbq highness? :drama:

Harrumph. :mmph:

CD

Not at all! I have a Maverick and an IQue 110. For the past several months though I have been using the Maverick (and the Thermapen for that matter) less and less. I love the IQue for my UDS on busy days when I don't have time do what I love, which is fark around with the fire in my offset all day. I put the post up in a moment loving how simple and effective it is to use the firebox door to regulate temps. You can cool off yer fire and keep it burning clean - something I learned here, of course. :thumb:

I'm happy to cook on anything, but I think the stickburner will always be my first preference - nothing like it!

I just realized that the crack on the wall looks like a wire, and that may be what some folks are responding to.
The device I'm referring to is the firebox door. :laugh: It stays put real good!

Back