BBQ & Promotions?

hav

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So I got promoted at work this week...yea me! :clap2:

My new bosses call me in and asked me to tell them a little about myself...I ask if the was anything they wanted to know, one of them asks me about this BBQ thing of mine that he keeps hearing about.

After a laugh or two and an explanation, I had to request a schedule change and they did it on the spot. I thanked them and proceeding to leave the office, they stopped me and said, '...whoa, whoa, this thing is quid pro quo. What do you plan on cooking for us?' I mentioned I had some Pork Butt in the freezer and it could happen, if they were serious...They were and told me to bring it in to work, they would pick up the bread and other items...

So on my drum they go!

2011-06-29_19-02-17_660.jpg

My career, enhanced by BBQ!

Congrats on the promotion & those butts are lookin' good!

Who would have guessed? If I were you I cook up a feast and ask for a nice detail or assignment. It's all politics!:becky:

AWESOME!!!! Im tellin' you that when you cook and kick A$$, you earn a whole different level of respect from people!!! It is great to get noticed for something that you love to do... Congrats!!! Smoke on Brother!!:thumb:

Thanks guys! Will try to remember and take some shots of the finished product!

Very nice, congrats! Great lookin' pork BTW:thumb:

BBQ bribery is an everyday occurrence with me at the office. A slab of ribs or some pulled pork sandwiches after a weekend of BBQing seem to make all my requests get executed in double time. :)

My fav is "going the extra mile" for the BBQ. Really give it your all, with your best rub/smoke/sauce, and leave them begging for another taste. Once, the week after I did it, lunch was at Chili's, and someone ordered ribs. The look on their face was like santa just shat in their stocking. *grin*

That's awesome!

Congrats on the BBQ compliment!...the promotion is just a bonus.

2011-06-30_08-37-27_884.jpg

Perfect!

Had a great day at work, fed all of the bosses and got more thanks, congrats, hand shakes and thumbs up that I could hope for.

One boss in particular, on the job for over 30 years, told me that it was outstanding what I did for them. He explained that it was part of getting promoted in the old days. If you got promoted, you would buy the meal for all the bosses above you...he actually smiled and laughed thinking about the past, that was worth it...

Back