My first fatty ever

DRMSMKER

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Just sampled it and man I have been missing out. Sliced for breakfast this week. 3rd cook on the pellet smoker so still trying to see how it runs. Made cooking this super easy!
URL=https://www.tacomaworld.com/media/20191020_094916_hdr.646129/]
full
[/URL

Looks tasty!
They're addicting. :-D

Stuff that thing! Little cheese, onion, maybe a jalapeno. Love them. I am thinking about stuffing some eggs into one.

Nice job on your smoke. Smoked fatty for breakfast rocks the weekend for sure.

POP

Simple and delicious.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stuff that thing! Little cheese, onion, maybe a jalapeno. Love them. I am thinking about stuffing some eggs into one.

Nice job on your smoke. Smoked fatty for breakfast rocks the weekend for sure.

POP

Hey.. I've looked into this idea. use a boiled egg!! :D bet it would work. just don't over boil the egg to start with

I like smoking the sausage chub to around 140-150. Then slice and pan sear on both sides. Outstanding!

I like smoking the sausage chub to around 140-150. Then slice and pan sear on both sides. Outstanding!

I do this very often - a fatty, egg, and cheese biscuit is delicious.... and a fatty breakfast burrito is also an outstanding option.

I've had British friends thinly slice a chilled fatty and serve like charcuterie along with a cheese board.

You're well on your way, now!

Glad you got to try it. Many more to come I am sure.

I was on this forum for almost a year before I did my first Fatty and now I make sure to make enough to have a consistent supply in the freezer.

With a pellet smoker now in the stable, it's almost too easy to make them. Im gonna hit the store tomoy to stock up on sausage logs haha

It won’t be your last thought!

Hotch is the Master on smoking a fatty. Had them at Texas Bashes. He goes to 165* internal and rests. Heaven it is!

The next thing you should do is make some biscuits, cut the in half and put a slice of fatty and some cheese on it. It is my absolute favorite thing for breakfast at the moment.

Every time I have a longer cook at 225 and I realize I forgot to throw a fatty on at the same time I get extremely pissed off at myself.

Back