Smoked Stuffed Chicken Wings

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Going to a little party tonight and wanted to try something a little different, for me at least. So I started with a Bacon, Sausage, Red Onion and Celery Stuffing.

Cubed up the bacon in a skillet.

Get it all rendered down

Next it's time to sauté some sausage.

Next comes the Red Onion and Celery in the lucious sausage and bacon fat.

All together now and set aside to cool

Now comes the tricky part! De-boning a chicken wing, start by breaking the wing at the joints by twisting and avoid any compound fractures ( Where the bone tears throught the skin) Then start at the drumette bone and cut away the meat from the bone,

Next peel the skin back inside out to the flats and repeat until you have removed the bones in the flats (2), What you end up with is a chicken tube which is now ready to stuff,

Stretch the skin back over the end and secure with a toothpick. I considered a bacon wrap at this poit but I opted for crispy skin instead, so now its off to the OTG for a slow smoke and a hot Finish.

Nappy New Year!

I'll Check back later when they are done! :laugh:

Hmmm now that sounds like something I'd like to try.

Looking forward to a full report on these.

You are a better man than I. That looks fantastic, and I'd love to eat a pile of 'em, but I'm one lazy sumbich - I would have browned the bacon and sausage and just eaten that folded up in white bread. :tsk:

It's the extra effort like you've done here that knocks people's socks off - very nicely done, Jed! :clap2:

You are a better man than I. That looks fantastic, and I'd love to eat a pile of 'em, but I'm one lazy sumbich - I would have browned the bacon and sausage and just eaten that folded up in white bread. :tsk:

It's the extra effort like you've done here that knocks people's socks off - very nicely done, Jed! :clap2:
I got lazy too, only made a third of what I started out to make :-D

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Now THAT is a show stopper!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Well I bet it was a hit Jed and you obviously made it home safe

Great job Jed. I made a dozen of those this past summer and Oh yeah a royal PITA. It is amazing though how good you get at deboning the wing after about 5 or so. And they are good...........Mmmmmmmm Just might have to do this today.......:thumb:

Back