View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #280
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QN View Post
Beautiful day In Fairbanks today. Went by BurlesQ and picked up a pulled pork sandwich and sliced brisket plate. This is not intended to be competition barbecue; it is what I call eating barbecue. Given that, sliced brisket was pretty dry, but did have good flavor. Slaw was very soupy; bottom of the barrel. Beans were pretty good. Interesting bread choice for pork sandwich. Pork was also somewhat dry (difficult to hold cooked meat ready to serve and keep moisture). I'm sure meats were much better when fresh cooked. Overall, reasonable price for the area and nothing bad. Tried mustard sauce, shack sauce (vinegar) and competition sauce. Did not try the sweet sauce. Sauces were OK, nothing great.
Thanks for stopping in, I showed my son (the Boy working, the Lady was on her second day.... still not an excuse) the review and pictures. The brisket, slaw, and PP are unacceptable and he knows it... soon as I showed him the pic he knew it. I have the reserved juices he's supposed to add to the meat to help keep it moist. Glad your up here. I'll be cooking at the comp as well. I'm sorry that went out the door it really shouldn't have.

Clint
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote