UDS Building Class - Saturday

I just realized I hadn't been around for about a week! Busy, Busy, Busy!

Anyway... workshop was great! It took longer than it might have, but we got 10 smokers built before 3 pm, taking our time and having some fun building the smokers.

The team of Bucky McOinkum's BBQ is now ready to compete on an XL BGE and up to 4 UDSs!

There were a lot of safety rules broken, but no loss of blood that I saw, and all appendages stayed attached... most likely because I killed my back before getting there and stayed mostly out of the way.

2621735184_b11f86b97e.jpg

2621730468_117da0ee2d.jpg

And Bob was ready to help out a new brethren in breaking the lighter fluid habit...

2621728936_7b19f16299.jpg

2621731866_f2ab99a465.jpg

2620907051_8d764a88d7.jpg

Curt was the official photographer, so to prove it we'll just have to wait on those. Definitely a good time. Other than when my wife let me know about half way there I had left some key parts behind on the porch.

Great ideal for the class the next class could be how to cook on it.

Curt was the official photographer, so to prove it we'll just have to wait on those. Definitely a good time. Other than when my wife let me know about half way there I had left some key parts behind on the porch.

opps

"Other than when my wife let me know about half way there I had left some key parts behind on the porch"
22421609.jpg

must have been hard with no drums :wink:

The class was awesome. We had a great time and worked pretty hard. I'm still sore dagone it...

I fired up the smoker today and tried to do a brisket and burned the crap out of it. It reached 210 in 6 hours. Im still learning how to use it but I love it so far.

Thanks Bob for everything man. I had a blast.

Wish I could have been there for that adventure!
Excellent idea!

BTW how'd Norco get a picture of my hand?!?

Chinese....any word on if you will do another one of these this year?? I am dying to get in on one.

Back