OMG!!!! Stellar!!!!

IMG_0592.jpg

Gee, I haven't made meatballs in a long time. Gore's side of the family used to keep us supplied but we haven't been to visit as often, so we've been doing without. I used to make these Pasta Pie's that were sort of popular back in the day, and this got me to thinking....The first step is making some meatballs. I used a pork-beef combination and added breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, garlic powder, etc.

IMG_4319.jpg

Also mixed some finely chopped onion and nuked them with a bit of chicken base and water to add to the mixture. A tip from Gore's Italian Gramma.

IMG_4320.jpg

Normally, I would brown the meatballs before roasting them, but I need these to have a tender exterior, so they just went on a cookie sheet and into my Primo. Here they're about halfway done.

IMG_4321.jpg

While these cooked, I made some spaghetti, then mixed together ricotta, a couple eggs, parsley, garlic powder, mozzarella and more cheese

IMG_4322.jpg

I stirred this into the spaghetti and added a fair amount of cream to make it moist enough not to mention heart-friendly and meatballs:

IMG_4323.jpg

I mixed this all up and put it into a springform pan, covered with mozzarella and into the Oval for about an hour

IMG_4324.jpg

Removing it,

IMG_4325.jpg

I served this with sauce and Parmesan, and some extra meatballs:

IMG_4361.jpg

Thanks for looking.

OK...The Throwdown is now officially off the Chain.....OutStanding Indeed!!

IMG_4361.jpg

Gore, you Sir, are a Blessed Man.

Last edited:
Wow, ecode. What an incredibly creative dish. No way that has aver been done before. And it looks fantastic. The richness and density. Has anyone eaten more than one slice? I think I would need a nap after a half a slice. :thumb:

Killer entry. :clap2:

CD

I had no idea this Throwdown would get this amazing!:clap:

I had some great meatball recipes from both of my grammas. I was even thinking about stuffing them with cheese or making a meatball sandwich, but then we were attacked by a Zombie. I think there's a bit of that going around here. Luckily Ninja and I managed to fight him off and decapitate him. Now my grammas lived during the depression and they always taught me to make do with what you have. I couldn't let that meat go to waste, so I went through their recipe cards and lookie what I found!

IMG_4417.jpg

I decided to give it a try. It was a bit gruesome and all, so I'm not going to show the pictures. I followed the recipe as best I could and smoked it on the Oval. It took a bit over an hour at 325*. Despite what you might be thinking, there's some good eatin' on Zombie. I've heard it's the other red meat. I paired this with a red wine. And here's how it looked:

IMG_4389.jpg

IMG_4394.jpg

To our surprise, as we were taking pictures, the head started showing signs of life. Luckily Ninja was there to save the day. He gave a quick chop:

IMG_4412.jpg

and then finished him off with a fatal jab:

IMG_4400.jpg

Chris, I have no idea if any of these are appropriate.

I want to see some GORE! Where's the after shot of the head after slicing it?:confused:

That is the most amazingly creative thing I think I have seen before. Which is hard to say considering the other things you have entered.

That is just so wrong on so many levels. :tsk:

So, what did it taste like? :becky:

CD

I want to see some GORE! Where's the after shot of the head after slicing it?:confused:

We sliced it up and put it away so as not to freak out the kids. I'm still a bit hesitant, but Ninja gave it a sample

IMG_4420.jpg

and seems none the worse for it.

IMG_4421.jpg

So, what did it taste like? :becky:

Tastes like Victory, Baby! :thumb:

OMG, I was thinking of entering this TD tomorrow but I just remembered that the deadline is tonight... :doh: CHIT!

Not like I had a chance with these entries!

*sigh* Oh well. :mad2::tsk:

This is crazy! Im blown away at some of the entries posted in this throwdown. All I know is that after this is all done I should know how to make a meatball. :thumb:

Are all the TD's in 2012 going to be this amazing? I see myself racking up a bunch of zero's...

Back