• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Need some advice/help

3 Rivers BBQ

Got approached to do a major BBQ gig for a biker bash with anywhere from 300 - 400 people. So my first reaction is...oh yea baby!...Then oh $h1T baby that is a huge amount of food. They want pulled pork, brisket, bbq beans and potato sald. So..help!!!! How much meat and what sort of price with me setting up a buffet style and maintaining it for about 4 hours. I will have at least one other person assisting me. Thanks and this is both scary and exciting!

I'm not a professional caterer, but that seems like a lot of work for 2 people.

you need more people. 150 lbs cooked pork, same for brisket, 8 pans of beans minimum and probably 10 to be safe. Same for potato salad. that's about 40 butts to trim, season, cook and pull. And if using flats about 30 - 7 lb flats. That's a lot of cooker space. I'd have to cook all the butts ahead and hold, then cook briskets using 7 racks per FEC100. Then 2 FE's for the beans after that. We're talking hot cooking and about 18-24 hours to get it ready to serve then 4 Horus of serving.

Also need probably 10 - 15 carlisles for holding hot food and maybe more.

I would suggest 2 double sided buffet's and at least 4 other people. For pricing on food, look at our site for what we charge for a similar meal. Don't forget to factor in if you are doing any iced tea, lemonade, plates, plasticware etc...

people vs portions... My situation is nothing like the one spoke here but I am the one that is always voulenteered to do grilling for our company cookouts. My question is about the amount of food you need to buy per person. Hotdogs and burgers are no problem but when I am doing pork or beef I always seem to under do it or way over do it. I adhir to bigger is better the more the better.

Is there a rule of thumb on say pounds of meat to number of people ratio?

Thanks in advance

go to catering for the masses and the first stickey note is a meat calc. the first few links posted dont work, but the 3rd or 4th does.

Back