Supper will be a little late tonight.

gayler

Reaction score
I woke up late today as usual. Got my butts on at 4:45 instead of 4:00 as intended. Been cooking on the Green mountain grill at 230F. My butts are at 185F now. I bumped it up to 275. Hoping to get it done by 6:00 and let it rest for an hour. Do you all suppose there is an hope of that happening? They held for quit a while at 165 so I'm hoping they'll get there fairly quick. I'm cooking these unwrapped this time and got them in cake pans to catch the drippings.

Well, just saw the time, lol. I guess you could enlighten us now as to whether or not it happened by 6...

Well, just saw the time, lol. I guess you could enlighten us now as to whether or not it happened by 6...

It's now 6:50 I pulled the one that was not injected. It is very tender, falling apart. The one that was injected is at 195 and is tough as a boot still. I will let it continue cooking till it says it's done. :-D

Nope aint gonna happen:hand: I sleep in too I fire the pit at 7 run the temp to 300 butt on by 745 and in the cooler by 3 dinner at 5.
Short version>> Cook hotter,= sleep longer and get done on time

Nope aint gonna happen:hand: I sleep in too I fire the pit at 7 run the temp to 300 butt on by 745 and in the cooler by 3 dinner at 5.
Short version>> Cook hotter,= sleep longer and get done on time
+1 you would of set that sucker on 275 to start you woulda been done alot earlier, 300 you would of been done in 6 hrs.

I ate so much I could barely move! Them I pulled the second one and DAMN! It was even better!

Back