Need Help!?!?!? (Carnitas)

Jaberwabee

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok, so I agreed to cook for my job, for Sunday, with the idea of doing about 4-6 pork butts and be done. On 2 UDS's it pretty painless, and I am feeding mostly college kids, so anything free is the best food they have ever eaten. Now its turned into Mexican food day. They will have a taco bar, and fajitas (chicken and steak) that other people are making.

Here is the problem, my rep is on the line here. I always out do anyone with food, at work, but I already have the pork butts. Now, carnitas are basically pulled pork, and then some quickly deep fry them, but some do not. So I am thinking that's what I will do.

Anyone have a good Carnitas rub and/or injection?????

Brethren have the answers, so I am asking?!!?!?:confused:
Anyone in Wichita or Kansas, there is real beer for an answer, other have to accept Spiceys Cyber Bar.

I lived in San Diego for quite awhile and one of my hispanic friends used "Menudo Soup Spice Mix". The meat needs to be pulled (like for sandwiches) then put a little oil in a pan and fry til it crisps up a little (don't dry it our though).

Thanks for the link, gonna fire up the UDS's this afternoon and then freeze them for Sunday.

Ok, so I agreed to cook for my job, for Sunday, with the idea of doing about 4-6 pork butts and be done. On 2 UDS's it pretty painless, and I am feeding mostly college kids, so anything free is the best food they have ever eaten. Now its turned into Mexican food day. They will have a taco bar, and fajitas (chicken and steak) that other people are making.

Here is the problem, my rep is on the line here. I always out do anyone with food, at work, but I already have the pork butts. Now, carnitas are basically pulled pork, and then some quickly deep fry them, but some do not. So I am thinking that's what I will do.

Anyone have a good Carnitas rub and/or injection?????

Brethren have the answers, so I am asking?!!?!?:confused:
Anyone in Wichita or Kansas, there is real beer for an answer, other have to accept Spiceys Cyber Bar.

Sorry. I can't help you with this but I believe Jorge can. PM him.

Back