View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #28
Smokin' Greene
Take a breath!

Default Firebox

Firebox, I want to be able to build a fire control it and not have to manage it every hour or so. After extensive research I built this. 24" x .375 pipe wrapped with 2" ceramic high temp insulation (ebay). Encased in the sheet metal box. Door is 1/2" with 22" ring inside (kinda like a safe door) with 1" of insulation inside. 2 vents. And a freezer door handle(ebay). Charcoal basket will slide in and out with back tabs for holding it in place to load. I have since modified the charcoal basket with a divider to get more of the minion effect (control over charcoal). Now I load with a bag of charcoal wood chunks for smoke and flavor and I can finish the cook with out a reload or any tending to the fire. In attached picture the charcoal and one piece of wood was the first trial run. I lit this with a weber chimney full of charcoal at 9 am when I went home that night at 6:30 it was at 210 degrees never did another thing to it (no meat on the pit dry run). Temp outside was about 50 degrees wind out of the north 15mph +.

Attachment 82171

Attachment 82172

Attachment 82173

Attachment 82174

Attachment 82175
Custom 24"x60" Insulated Offset
36" Assassin Grill
48" Custom Assassin Grill
A whole family of Webers.

Last edited by Smokin' Greene; 04-23-2019 at 08:00 AM..
Smokin' Greene is offline   Reply With Quote