A rookie's first meal with new grill (Pron)

Hunterman95

is one Smokin' Farker
First meal on my new Weber:

My first attempt at MOINK balls:
MOINKballsbefore.jpg

My first attempt at fatties (one was made with JD Hot sausage wrapped around string cheese, the other was JD Regular with a lame attempt at a bacon weave):
Fattiesbefore.jpg

on the grill:
MOINKnFatty.jpg

MOINK balls finished (glazed with homemade pinapple BBQ sauce):
moinkballsafter.jpg

Fatties finished:
fattiesafter.jpg

Time to prep the Ribeyes:
ribeyebefore.jpg

ribeyeseasoned.jpg

Ribeye with herb butter:
ribeyeafter.jpg

Steaks were great, nice crust on outside, Med-rare inside....melt in your mouth.
Overall very pleased! :clap2: Thanks to all of you for you advice/help. I was amazed at how well the grill held at 250 degrees while smoking the balls & fatties.

My meal prep was not without incident though. While searing the steaks, I thought that I was getting a little more flair-up than I should, so I closed the lid. Looking through the vent, it looked like the flames were under control, so I lifted the lid and.....WHOOOOOSH! :mad2: Singed off a few eyelashes and eyebrow hairs! :doh: I knew better, just wasn't thinking.

Way to break in the new grill!

I cannot count the number of times I have heard the WHOOOOOSH from my Weber, it is a wonderful thing. I loves me the fire!

:)

What did you put on the rib eyes? It looks delicious!

That was some great looking grub!

No worries - we all get the farking WHOOOSH once in a while. You develop snake-like reflexes eventually. :)

Very nice looking grub! The steaks love phantastic! I have a BGE and always am on the guard for a blowback. I have burnt the hair off my arms before....

Nice job on the MOINKs, Fatty, and steaks! Your not really cooking till you burn some hair off your arms! lol

You sure jumped right into the fire, didn't you.:-D Did you eat it all your self? HEHE. Nice looking spread.
Rick

Back