View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #14
flyingbassman5
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumJEFF View Post
I have a friend that sells them on CL starting at $225. I don't think he could do it for a living. But, they sell pretty well. His most expensive "model" is $425
Beat me to it!! Darn! (speaking of, howdy from across the street! I'm in F-town as well)

I bought one from Don and his stuff is top notch. Brand new unlined drums and built with an attention to detail. He has told me that he does 1 or 2 every 2 to 4 weeks on average during the winter. He also said that it usually flip flops during the summer and gets 2 or 3 orders every week or 2. He built mine to my specs and it ran me $275. I was totally ok with paying for it because he is a great guy, built it the way I wanted it, and backs it up with recipes, tips, and tricks. He doesn't just sell it to you and then disappear. That shows a lot of integrity in a seller. I'm sure if I found something wrong with my Big Ugly, or wanted something replaced, Don would be happy to help. Good customer support is worth every penny! Anywho, enough of my rambling..

Here is a link to his CL ad to give you an idea of what he does..
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/spo/3581724861.html