Marinating Lamb Chops

Just BS

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
ara4y4aj.jpg

From the inside out. Should be ready for the smoker in about six months. :p

Sent from my pocket computer ( G III)

6 months? give it one month and keep the milk up.
Spit roast it.
What time we eating

I give you credit if you can roast that little baby. I'd never be able to bottle feed a lamb, and then cook it. I'd be crying the whole time. Don't get me wrong--I looove lamb. But if I had to butcher them myself, I'd end up a vegetarian. :oops:

My son and D-I-L posted pictures of a couple little lambs to their Facebook page. They had just bought them at a 4-H (or FFA?) fair. (For those of us not in the US or familiar with agricultural culture, these are clubs where young folk raise animals to compete with each other knowing that the animals are destined to a life of laying eggs, providing milk or being slaughtered for the table.) All of their friends oohed and ahhed about how cute they were and what good pets they would make until my D-I-L explained that they were not bought to be pets. :icon_blush:

They were delicious! :hungry:

Not sure I could raise them myself and then eat them, though I had no difficulty with the chickens and turkeys my son raised, even though I had a chance to play with them.

What's the little fella's name???

I recommend calling it "Chops" :becky:

Cheers!

Bill

6 months? give it one month and keep the milk up.
Spit roast it.
What time we eating
I like the way you think....

My daughters do 4H & FFA so we're used to raising 'em for the meat market. This little guy was rejected by his mom so I agreed that the girls could take him in and raise him as long as I could butcher him. He's playing with the cat right now in the kitchen...so it might be more difficult than I want, but I like me some lamb chops. :eek:

What's the little fella's name???

I recommend calling it "Chops" :becky:

Cheers!

Bill

The girls are calling him "Chance", and I've been calling him Lamb Chop.

He's a month old now. I fell asleep on the floor watching the World Baseball Classic and he decided to curl up next to me. He's pretty friendly to all my girls but has taken to me for some reason. Maybe its a male thing I don't know....

My oldest daughter is gonna take him to school to her Veterinarian Science class (she's in FFA) and they are going to castrste him. I feel for the little guy, but I know it'll make him taste better. Its just that hes the only other male around as we have nothing but mares, bitches, breeder goats and daughters on our little ranch.
y7y8e7em.jpg
azu5a6y9.jpg

Back