Some Pastrami

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Ran across some corned beef at the store for $1.99lb., grabbed a pack for an easy meal. I usually corn my own beef but this was too easy to pass up.

f1xKxtZ.jpg

I let the meat catch some smoke for a couple of hours...

IzkDc8J.jpg

then added seasonings and beef stock, covered and let er go til tender...

0OdzENL.jpg

aG1IIn3.jpg

QW1hCNr.jpg

Decided to make a sandwich...

2PjUaS9.jpg

kKQSsQQ.jpg

started my build...

5sjhsTi.jpg

added swiss cheese....

8fJnZwH.jpg

warmed to melt a bit....

FPByROC.jpg

the kraut...

hRS7zJ8.jpg

bread n butter pickles......

Pao1YpE.jpg

drizzled with russian and called er good.
I was starving!

CN6RlKr.jpg

fDJFeac.jpg

fcMTpII.jpg

It was so messy, I had dressing and juices running down to my elbow, but I'm washable. lol
Could be that I was starving, but this was one of my favorite sandwiches to date.

Thanks for looking!

Outstanding, matter of fact they look good enough for a blog. One question, did it make a big difference not soaking the brine out for 24hrs?

I do the same........homemade preferred, but it is tough to pass up a deal.

Nice job, as always.

Looks great Jeanie, sammy like that would hit the spot for sure. Have to tackle it head down elbows up. :wink:

Great looking sandwich. I find the messier they are to eat, the better they taste.

Lookin' very good. :thumb:

I've followed your posts about smoking fish and then canning it... but have you ever canned corned beef or flavor smoked corned beef? It's a handy product to have on the shelf. The raw pack works great and with a little trimming the amount of fat is surprising low.

Good thing you got a pool there - easy cleanup after the sammich, esp. since we all now know you don't have to wait 30 minutes after eating!

I could go for one of those sammiches right this second - that looks great Jeanie!

anybody else keep going back and looking at her pix over and over like some kinda food stalker? :oops:

Back