Thread: Dry Brisket
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
MasterGator
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokesman View Post
A lot of brisket threads lately all asking pretty much the same question.

Hmmm - this one is tough? Tender - I used to think we were making tender brisket until we tried a truly tender and flavorful brisket which opened our eyes. Did you probe in several places around the flat or just the point? The point will be tender well ahead of the flat and if you pulled it at 183 sounds like it was pulled to early. Temp aside, when the flat probes with little or no resistance "like butter" it is done. Hmmm again? How long after you injected did it get put fat side up on the smoker? Oh, the fat cap will render a lot but there will be substantial fat at the end of the cook no matter what temp you cook at.

The flat was tender, close to fall apart tender but not quite. The texture of the flat was great, just dryer than I would like. The flip is that the point was still a little fatty. I'm thinking that may be any easier fix though. I believe i will toss the point back on after separating it from the flat. and the internal temp was about 183 and hour before i pulled it off. I never checked it after since it was starting to pull apart.
MasterGator is offline   Reply With Quote