Ribs, BJ's style

charrederhead

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Saw a $10 off coupon in today's email. Then I saw the recipe. The 20-30 cook time really caught my eye. We sure do waste a lot of time cooking ribs. :rolleyes:

http://bjssolutions.wordpress.com/2013/07/18/grilled-fiesta-barbecued-ribs/

Grilled Fiesta Barbecued Ribs

Posted on July 18, 2013 by bjssolutions
Serves 4 – 6
PREP TIME: 10 – 15 Min. COOK TIME: 20 – 30 MIN.
fiesta-ribs.jpg

1 cup KC Masterpiece® Original Barbecue Sauce
10 Tbsp. McCormick Premium Taco Seasoning Mix, divided
1 cup water
6 lb. St. Louis-style Pork Spare Ribs

1. Combine barbecue sauce and 5 Tbsp. taco seasoning in a bowl and set aside.
  2. Light charcoal. While the grill heats, separate ribs into 3- to 4-rib sections and place them in a large microwave safe baking dish. Rub ribs with remaining taco seasoning, then pour water over them.
  3. Cover dish with plastic wrap; microwave on HIGH for 10 minutes. Turn ribs; microwave until they reach internal temperature of 145o, about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove from microwave and drain water.
  4. Brush ribs with half of barbecue sauce mixture. Grill over medium flame for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
  5. Brush with reserved sauce mixture and serve.Product names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders. Please use safe handling and cooking procedures when preparing any food. To avoid foodborne illness, the USDA and FDA recommend thoroughly cooking meat, eggs, shellfish, poultry and fish to minimum internal temperatures as measured with a food thermometer.
:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

Perfect, Thank you so much... I will cook these after I pull the Lloyd's out of the microwave and the cook time on the ribs will be about right to rest the Lloyd's.

Sounds like I wasted over 4 hours on the 4th of July this year. I could have cooked my ribs in half an hour

Back