• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Mid Atlantic BBQ Association BoD and BBQ Brethren Events

Slamdunkpro

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
voted Tuesday to recognize The BBQ Brethren as a sanctioning body. This means that 4 meat BBQ Brethren sanctioned events held in our 7 state region now generate MABA Team of the Year points. Since there are cash prizes for MABA ToY this year I thought you all might want to know. :thumb:

Thats great Mike. Thanks! Just to clarify for the general population, as this is in its infancy and we are just venturing out.

BBQ Brethren events can be sanctioned by ANY sanctioning body. We are not sanctioning contests, but oue events are recognized as qualifiers. The BBQ Brethren ruleset is flexible enough to allow a contest to also conform to most of the existing sanctioning bodies rules. However, what our goals are for this year is to give new startup contests that cannot afford large sanctioning costs(which would cause the contest to go under or not happen), rights to a fixed and approved ruleset . Our Ruleset has been approved by the American Royal for entry into the invitational, and to play it safe, has been submitted to The Jack. According to their written qualifying guidelines, we easily qualify.

We are in the process of procedures to attain reps, train judges and working to get sponsorship for the events. Any certified judge or rep from any sanctioning body is accepted after a brief session on the differences in our ruleset.

As I said, we are in our infancy. The invitationals were our first priority. We have also been approved for the Empire State BBQ Championship series(points chase) and now we are accepted by MABBQA.:clap2: I will keep everyone posted as things progress, but our long term goal is to and fully support all the BBQ associations.

Thats great Mike. Thanks! Just to clarify for the general population, as this is in its infancy and we are just venturing out.

BBQ Brethren events can be sanctioned by ANY sanctioning body. We are not sanctioning contests, but oue events are recognized as qualifiers.The BBQ Brethren ruleset is flexible enough to allow a contest to also conform to most of the existing sanctioning bodies rules. However, what our goals are for this year is to give new startup contests that cannot afford large sanctioning costs(which would cause the contest to go under or not happen), rights to a fixed and approved ruleset . Our Ruleset has been approved by the American Royal for entry into the invitational, and to play it safe, has been submitted to The Jack. According to their written qualifying guidelines, we easily qualify.

We are in the process of procedures to attain reps, train judges and working to get sponsorship for the events. Any certified judge or rep from any sanctioning body is accepted after a brief session on the differences in our ruleset.

As I said, we are in our infancy. The invitationals were our first priority. We have also been approved for the Empire State BBQ Championship series(points chase) and now we are accepted by MABBQA.:clap2: I will keep everyone posted as things progress, but our long term goal is to and fully support all the BBQ associations.

Let us know if we can help.

That's simply fantastic!!! MABA and the Brethren are quite the dynamic duo!! Kudos all around!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Back