"Wicked Good Charcoal"...thoughts?

OakPit

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I want to add "Wicked Good" to our little BBQ shop, but am looking at a higher price point than other good fuel. Any advice on price per 22lb bag?

I'm able to buy a 22lb bag from a retailer here in Jersey for $14 a bag.
Not sure what your purchase and shipping costs are to have a pallet of WGC shipped to your store in CA.

if you got it in for a decent price, i would make a road trip to get some. let us know.

I can't remember which one, but one of the smoker manufacturers was hyping WG a while back. I bought a bag at one of the local grill shops, but can't remember which one or how much I paid. I do remember I was impressed with the product!

I've tried it, along with the competition blend. It produces low ash and has really long burn times in my Big Green Egg. It does have a very neutral flavor, as in little or no smoke flavor on it's own. This is really good for baking or for folks that don't like a smokey product. For barbecuing, you need to add a little more flavor wood than usual.

Since you're in California, do you carry Lazzari? They have both mesquite and oak lump, and it comes in a variety of bag sizes. I use the mesquite and really like it.....and the price is around $11 for a 20# bag.

I'd also look into Ozark Oak. Looks where it ranks on Naked Whiz.

Last edited:
Just had a buddy light some. Cooks really nice and hot. Had a piece come out that was the size of my kids head. Huge. chopped up nice.

I use it exclusively in my dome and pay $19.00 for 20lb. I use the WG briquettes in the Fatboy and think they are superior to the others I've tried. I pay $11.00 for an 8lb bag.
Sounds like I'm paying too much.

I pay 18 for 22 lbs. Its steep, but I like the stuff, and I like the company. Keep in mind I am like 50 miles from their main distrib point.
I don't always buy it, but I like throwing money their way.
If you want to wow your customers, get the briquettes and pass on the lump.
Best briquettes out there!

my favorite lump charcoal for sure, but it is very hard to find..the only way I can get it is ordering online...

Back