Princeton/Westfield ,WI - ideas for complentary events

Coz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As some of you know Anita and Tony were running the Princeton contest with very limited help.And I believe they did a great job.They have merged with a group from Westfield to keep the event alive.I was asked for some ideas for companion events to go along with the BBQ.I ask you who have been around the block a few times for suggestions.At the few events we have been to its mostly bands .What else is out there?
For those of you who have been to Princeton the date will be the same just a change in location.Westfield is about 30 miles west of Princeton right on hwy 39.All 4 lane to within 2 miles of the event.If I understand correctly it will be at the county fairgrounds which is right at the edge of town.
Any suggestions are welcomed.THANK YOU

I've seen Craft Fairs, Car Shows, Motor cycle Rally's, Bands, Strong Man competitions, Beer fests, Square Dancing, kids entertainment(bouncy house, clowns, rock climbing wall,petting zoo), Hot air Ballons and NH even has an Air show. All of these things make each event unique and bring people in.

Another thing to think about and consider is tying to an event that already takes place at the fairground. A successfull existing event will have a good sponsorship base already in place and volunteers that you possibly can tap into. Just let the powers that be know it means more foot traffic for them.

Is Billy going to be there? I would stay away from an event with kids :-D

I've seen Craft Fairs, Car Shows, Motor cycle Rally's, Bands, Strong Man competitions, Beer fests, Square Dancing, kids entertainment(bouncy house, clowns, rock climbing wall,petting zoo), Hot air Ballons and NH even has an Air show. All of these things make each event unique and bring people in.

I was just out at one that had a lot of balloons. They were actually pretty cool. Hadn't been that close to one, since I jumped out of it with a bungee cord attached to me... :wink:

Attachments

• girls and balloons.JPG
    girls and balloons.JPG
    207.3 KB · Views: 22
Thanks,I will forward the ideas and keep them coming.Scottie did the sticker fairies in the picture get all the trailers at the event?

Thanks,I will forward the ideas and keep them coming.Scottie did the sticker fairies in the picture get all the trailers at the event?

No, we forgot them. Guess that just means we have to go back...

Some companion events that I've seen at contests down here:

Craft Show
Carnival Rides
Dog Competition
Car Show
Lumberjack Competition
Beauty Contest
Concert
Outdoor Kids Movie
Petting Zoo/Pony rides
Old-time picnic games like sack race, greased pig contest, etc.

At the Georgia Barbecue Classic last June we had a company give 15 minute helicopter rides for $20; that was pretty popular.

Back