NEBS Grilling Help

Lo' -N- Slo' BBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Is there somewhere we can find information or the rules for the NEBS Grilling Contests???

NH will be our first time entering the grilling part and we wanted to know if there is anything we should be informed about.

Last edited:
Membership approved. After reading all the posts I think we will just stick with Sunday's KCBS event.

It's not as confusing as it seems. If you're going to be there, might as well grill too. Fish steak, beef steak, sausage and grilled fruit (mixed fruit allowed), all KCBS garnish, no additional entry fee. Should be fun....

It's truly not as bad as it looks. We all know how discussions can get "lively"! If you go with standard KCBS garnish, you are all set. If you have any other questions, e-mail the organizer. I tend to agree with Ted though. If you are already there, it doesn't cost any more $$, and if you like to grill, then jump in. Otherwise you can just focus on the BBQ, which isn't all bad either... It is a state championship, after all.

I think every year we say we won't grill, that's it, never again. ...And then every year, we do it again.

me and G didn't get a chance to meet y'all in PA, but we're hoping to in Merrimac...

see you in a few...

Im doing Fruit Loops for the fruit category...is milk a legal garnish?

I tried their sausage entry and it was outstanding.

Fish entry was a tuna steak as plain as plain can be. No sauce or marinate just a little rub and grilled. Sausage was our home made sausage. Steak was a rib eye with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grilled fruit was bananas with a home made caramel sauce. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

Back