View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #11179
coachmccoy543
Knows what a fatty is.

Default What part

What part of KY you call home? Just east of Lexington myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUMP52 View Post
OK. I made it through 125 pages of this thread before I started getting the parts for my UDS build. I WILL Finish this thread later!!!

Two days ago, I burned out my new drum just to "season" it.

Then today I went for a test run. I took yall's advice and throwed a fatty and a stick of ring bologna on for good measure.

The food turned out good.

I had to watch it because my temps fluctuated by 50-60 degrees if I left it too long. I think I didn't pack my charcoal well enough because it burned to one side. Anyway, hell of a lot better watchin this than the Chargriller! Next on the list next week, RIBS! That'll tell the story!

Oh, when I read this thread again I'm gonna make some damn notes! Still ain't found the right answer for drillin the holes in the lid. I got 6 5/8" holes and it seemed to be alright. If I pack good next run and still see temps fluctuate, I may make some more holes. At least till I can find me a WEBER Lid!

Thanks to all for this great CHEAP smoker.

One other thing, when the bride got home and took a look at it this afternoon she said ain't no way it's stayin on the back patio. Guess I'm gonna have ta dress it up some!
coachmccoy543 is offline   Reply With Quote