Tri-Tip, asparagus & roasted potatoes

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So I did another Tri-Tip last weekend and I'm just now getting around to posting the pics today. I was going to have asparagus and baked potatoes but we didn’t have any sour cream so we settled for roasted potatoes. Decided to mix it up a bit and try a new marinade recipe for the Tri-Tip that I saw someone else use on here.

I lightly coated with light olive oil, then balsamic vinegar, coarse ground sea salt with garlic and finally coarse ground black pepper.

Wrapped and rested 2 hours.

Set up my kamado for direct / in-direct.

Put the asparagus on some skewers. I sprayed them with olive oil, then coated with coarse ground sea salt & garlic and coarse ground black pepper.

Put the Tri-Tip and potatoes on the grill. (40 min. at 300, flipping once)

After this I took it off, wrapped it in foil and opened the vents wide open to do some searing. (Had earlier put on a chicken breast for my wife) While it was heating up I switch grill grates. I put the Tri-Tip on the lower grate for searing and the asparagus on the top grate. (If you look carefully you can see the Tri-Tip searing under the asparagus)

Here it is after searing.

Wrapped it up to rest 15 minutes. Picked out a very tasty porter to have with dinner.

After 15 minutes sliced it up.

And here are the money shots.

This is what I call a most excellent meal although I do like my original way of cooking Tri-Tip better than this way.

I notice not all made it to the dinner Plates, soooo...

Leftovers for me? :p

Looks Great!

Back