Rubs that compliment Waygu

djqualls

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm doing some testing this winter with Waygu vs Prime Angus. I ran Angus this year and was very happy with two 1st's, 7 top 10's and a perfect 180. I am comfortable with my profiles with Creekstone Prime Angus Briskets.

My curiosity is getting the better of me so I want to cook some waygu. I would like to get some information on whether certain commercially rubs work only with one type or do they interchange regardless of the breed of beef,

Injetion and the liqquid base used information is welcomed as well.

Thanks In Advance!

I hear that seasoned salt is pretty good (couldn't pass that up).

Although there is probably a slight difference, your injection is probably going to dictate taste more than anything. With that in mind, it probably doesn't matter, unless you don't inject.

I have cooked a lot of both and to me they are both beef brisket, nothing more or less. Wagyu does have more marbling, but I never noticed any major difference in spice need based on that difference.

I can not imagine a need to alter the seasonings between the two.

But......what do I know :oops:

TIM

Why don't you tell us what rubs you're using and we can tell you if they work good with Waygu or not? :wink::p

Well, I've pretty much trusted my Butcher all Year. and I like it when I tag team him with a certain Plowboy.........

And I damn sure don't use Morton's Seasoned Salt! Like some judge claimed to identify in a BBQTV Video.....

I just got a Bottle of some kind of "Peppered Cow" Hmmm.. wonder if that stuff is any good???:mod:

I'm doing some testing this winter with Waygu vs Prime Angus. I ran Angus this year and was very happy with two 1st's, 7 top 10's and a perfect 180. I am comfortable with my profiles with Creekstone Prime Angus Briskets.

My curiosity is getting the better of me so I want to cook some waygu. I would like to get some information on whether certain commercially rubs work only with one type or do they interchange regardless of the breed of beef,

Injetion and the liqquid base used information is welcomed as well.

Thanks In Advance!

I'd say trust your Poppa! He won the AR don't you know?

I've only once cooked a prime angus, but I switched to waygu last year. Cook them the same as a choice angus. Go by feel not temp for doneness, IMO.

Beef is beef like what was said earlier so all good beef rubs like Smokin Guns Hot will work great.

I personally enjoy sticking my beef with needles. :twisted:

Back