Twice baked potats,

W

wildfire00

If you like bake potatoes, then you will love them even more when they are double baked. The other night I was feeling like some carbs and really wanted baked potatoes. Here is what you want to do. These will blow the mind of your guests and or your peeps at home with ya.
Take russet potatoes wash and throw those pups in a pre-heated 350 degrees oven. Oh wait, What I usually do to prep them is I rub the potats in a bit of butter or olive oil and sprinkle with some freshly grinded sea salt. If you just have regular salt this is fine as well. Let them bake for about an hour or until crispy outside and soft inside. In a bowl you want to add some sour cream, Philadelphia cream cheese (flavored if you like) some butter and any spices that you would like. I added garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pepper. When the potatoes are ready, you can remove them from the oven, but leave the oven on. Take a sharp knife and remove a thin layer of the skin from the top of the potato and set aside. Remove as much of the potato from the shell as possible without puncturing the skin. Take all of the removed potato and mix very well in the bowl containing the other ingredients. Don’t worry about letting it get cold.

Now that everything is mixed well and has a creamy sort of look to it, but is not runny. You want to start adding it back into the shell of the potatoes. Just pack all that soft heavenly goodness back in. Another thing I did was fried up some fresh bacon while the potatoes were baking. You can add this to your mix or do as I did and sprinkle it on top of the filled potatoes. Put the slice that you removed earlier back on top and place back in oven for about 10 minutes, all you are doing at this point is re-heating everything so be careful not to leave them to long. Now they are ready to chow down on with whatever protein you choose. I suggest a nice piece off beef, but that’s just my opinion. Sorry, there is one more thing I should mention. you can add some shreded cheddar or whiche ever cheese you would like to your mixture. Or you can add it to the top of the potats before putting them in for the final time. This works very well too and adds that cheesy texture that we all love. I do have to apologise to all the lactose intolerance people, sorry but this might not be for you.

So heres what ya need.
potatoes
Cream cheese
Sour cream
Butter
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Salt and pepper.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.
Take care and keep the fire hot. www.wildfirecooking.com

Hey! Who was that guy than ran with G. Bush I back in the day? The one that couldn't
spell potato? Yeah! Dan Quayle! Could this be him? j/k

i do almost the same thing but do litle evoo rub in kosher salt then smoke them in a nice hickory smoke while i'm doning sumthing else on smoker i love that hickory flavor in my potatoes:clap2:

Sometimes we will have just a baked tater for dinner. Will do this on next tater night.

Try this. Scrub them taters and poke them with a fork, salt the outside while they are still wet from scrubbing (no oil) and pop them in the oven at 490 for 1 hour. They will come out with an amazingly crisp outer skin and the inside will be perfect, add your butter and anything else you like and you'll have the perfect baked tater. This would also work perfectly for twice baked taters.

Back