Weber Kettle Ash Tool

Learnin Querve

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The last time I used the Weber, it started to rain hard just as I was finishing cooking. I slapped the lid on, closed the vents, and went in the house. Shame on me, I went inside and forgot about it. I went to use it tonight and found it with a fair amount of ash in the kettle bowl, most of it wet.

Looking for something to scoop it out with, and I opened the recycle bin and had an idea. With an empty salad dressing bottle, a knife, a pair of scissors, and about 5 minutes time, I came up with this. Works great.

Chris

Attachments

• shot1.JPG
    shot1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 276
  • shot2.JPG
    shot2.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 277
  • shot3.JPG
    shot3.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 274
  • shot4.JPG
    shot4.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 274
  • shot5.jpg
    shot5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 275
Now thats cool!! and better yet CHEAP!!

I do that with the 5 gallon plastic ones, slap a broom handle on it...

Another brilliant idea. Way to go dude!

Good idea. Do you stick to expiration date?
attachment.php

Great idea. Necessity is the mother of inventions :thumb:

You have cats, don't you?:twisted:

Seriously though, excellent idea!

Ahhh crap... good chance the neighbor's gonna find me going through his trash tonight... again. Theres always this uncomfortable silence while I try to look like I'm NOT going thru his trash... :rolleyes:

Great Idea bro! I'll be putting that to use!

I use a paint scraper and scoop it up with a paper plate! Now I have an ash pan so need to crawl in that drum anymore!!

I use a milk gallon jug with the same cut out it holds a lot and lasts a couple months and its not like I run out of milk gallon jugs if you know what I mean. Innovating to the task brings a good feeling to all

I cut a "scoop" out of the top part of plastic milk jugs. Works fine and costs $0

Ahhh crap... good chance the neighbor's gonna find me going through his trash tonight... again. Theres always this uncomfortable silence while I try to look like I'm NOT going thru his trash... :rolleyes:

Yeah, especially since in Montana, you've gotta walk the length of 3 football fields to get to his garbage can, eh?

i have several that i made years ago out of whiskey bottles. the bottles i used had a curve on one side similar to a flask design. works perfectly. thanks for the photos !

Yeah, especially since in Montana, you've gotta walk the length of 3 football fields to get to his garbage can, eh?

Heh, I knew someone would fall for it!! Like we even have trash cans in Montana!
That's what the forest is evidently for... :tsk:

Back