~New Years Day PRONucopia of Surf and Turf~

S

smknhotmama

Got together with some friends yesterday for some GREAT food. The 1st was a day of firsts for us. I made lobsters for the first time ever and am so proud of how they came out! I butterflied them and then grilled them. My best friend made prime rib for the first time which also turned out perfectly.
We served it all up with creamed spinach (with goat cheese), twice baked potatoes, collards and black eyed peas.
Hubby's birthday is Tuesday so I got a jump start on one of his favorites, chocolate cake with white icing...which also turned out great......:mrgreen:
Anyway thanks for checking it out.

Attachments

• editNew Years 020.jpg
    editNew Years 020.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 137
  • editNew Years 035.jpg
    editNew Years 035.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 136
  • editNew Years 049.jpg
    editNew Years 049.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 136
  • editNew Years 056.jpg
    editNew Years 056.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 136
  • editNew Years 064.jpg
    editNew Years 064.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 137
  • editNew Years 041.jpg
    editNew Years 041.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 136
  • editNew Years 071.jpg
    editNew Years 071.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 134
LOL, thank you all! I'm pretty proud of this cook and I think I'll go have a slice of cake right now.

Great looking feast!! Best of luck in 2010 to you and family.:-D

Wow now that's a SmknHot Meal! Everything looks fantastic and will be betta 2nd time around I'm sure.

Everything looks wonderful, I like how you decorated the cake, kinda unique, nice job Shawn

I am not a fan of seabugs but those tails look good - will have to try that for Big Al.
The roast looks perfect and the case if mighty nice looking - I love the way you decorated it. Congrats on a successful cook, that is a great way to start the new year.

We have the best lobster in the world here and that might be the best I have seen.Great looking meal and love the cake.

Back