Which Chicken would you rather eat and why?

Brewmaster

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
IMG_8807-1-1.jpg

IMG_7855.jpg

IMG_3618.jpg

Thanks,
Nate

Last edited:
3rd one because it looks more appetizing.

1st one doesn't even look like chicken.

(And let the battle begin!)

Although the first two looked outstanding, I'm picking the third one because the skin looks tastier, and the skin is where the flavor is at.

Please take no offense, all look good! Number 3 would be my choice. 1 and 2 look like plastic. May be good for Comp's but you asked about eating.

#1 doesnt look like chicken thighs to me.
#2 looks great, the third one looks best to me because of the grill charring!

Please take no offense, all look good! Number 3 would be my choice. 1 and 2 look like plastic. May be good for Comp's but you asked about eating.

This is kind of my point of this post. My thinking is that I have gotten too wrapped up trying to make my chicken look "perfect", and kind of lost sight of what really looks good to eat.

My wife thinks #1 looks like biscuits.

This is kind of my point of this post. My thinking is that I have gotten too wrapped up trying to make my chicken look "perfect", and kind of lost sight of what really looks good to eat.

My wife thinks #1 looks like biscuits.

I thought they looked like sauced tennis balls.

Appearance Scores

100% CBJ

??% CBJ

I agree. #1 does not look as appetizing. Do you think judges are subconsciously looking for symmetry rather than something that looks appetizing? I'm thinking this is what pushed me to make my chicken look like this.

#1...is very pretty....but; it sort of looks like giant meatballs with a
glaze on them.

#2...looks very nice and inviting...but; look small to me.

#3...isn't as pretty (picture perfect) but; it looks like it's got lots of
flavor and would be fun to eat

I'd hit all three! Probably 3 would be my fav because of the skin. #1 looks slightly underdone. The glaze looks very appetizing on all three.

To me #1 looks manufactured. Although it also looks like someone took a lot of time to make them look perfect.

#2 looks very good LOVE the color.

#3 looks like I would feed my friends and family and would probably be labeled a chicken hero. LOL

It is very funny what we all do at a contest to make chicken look "good" but I know for me I am NEVER going to go to the trouble of shaping thighs to feed my family. Unless I am practicing for a comp.

# 2 would be the ones I would pick up to eat if I had a choice of all three.

#1 - looks like bull testicles - If judges are judging there high on appearance, then they have lost their way as well. maybe they were JUST judging them on consistency? As they are all fairly consistent looking, but too light in color for me.

# Looks yummy, but a bit too much sauce for my personal preference.

The skin on #1 looks chewy to me, so it would definitely not be that. The decision is probably between #2 or #3. I would say #3 just because I prefer legs to thighs. I like breasts too, but not grilled, the tend to dry out.

dmp

Back