Responsiveness of BoD Members

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Although I vehemently oppose the proposed change to the by-laws regarding family members, I realized that it presented an opportunity to gauge responsiveness to the membership.

I sent an email to the members of the BoD outlining my thoughts and concerns and asking that they reply letting me know where they stand. I think that a week would be a reasonable amount of time. I'm not picky, a set reply that is mass emailed would be fine.

The email was sent this afternoon. So far I have heard back from Linda Mullane and Troy Black.

I will update this thread as I hear back from others.

It will be an interesting barometer of how communicative members of the board are, especially when they are specifically asked to respond.

Eric

Although I vehemently oppose the proposed change to the by-laws regarding family members, I realized that it presented an opportunity to gauge responsiveness to the membership.

I sent an email to the members of the BoD outlining my thoughts and concerns and asking that they reply letting me know where they stand. I think that a week would be a reasonable amount of time. I'm not picky, a set reply that is mass emailed would be fine.

The email was sent this afternoon. So far I have heard back from Linda Mullane and Troy Black.

I will update this thread as I hear back from others.

It will be an interesting barometer of how communicative members of the board are, especially when they are specifically asked to respond.

Eric

I have also emailed the BOD and I can say i have heard back from the same two plus Myrl

Not to be cynical, but now that they know this is a pop quiz, some of them may respond faster than usual. :mrgreen::twisted:

I have heard from Linda, Troy and Merl.

3 so far on a direct solicitation for a response.

Eric

I sent the BOD an inquiry last year on the reasoning for their decision to increase TOY requirements from 5 contests to 10 given that the majority of the KCBS teams do not compete close to 10 times or more.

I believe I got a 50% response rate and some of the answers did not make all that much sense as it some did not even know the background on the issue.

As far as using this one e-mail as a barometer, I think that could be misleading depending on the results. We must remember that these BOD members have lives outside KCBS though I do think a reasonable timeline of one week or so is fair.

I agree that one email isn't enough of a sampling to make a decision on. I'm sure that I will have some issue or another that I will want to bring to the boards attention. Hopefully 2 or 3 samples will be an accurate measure.

Eric

I have now heard from Linda, Troy, Carol, Rod and Merl putting the total at 5.

Eric

Same here Eric. I doubt we will hear from anybody else.
From what I have been told, from these 5 only Rod responded by saying he felt that this had merit, but would keep our responses in mind when he makes his decision.
The others have basically said that they would do nothing to advance it and doubted it would be moved on by the board.
That was my understanding of their emails, but if I have misspoke please correct me as I do not want to to start a chit storm due to my understanding.

Back