• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Leftovers Department: What to do with Salmon?

btcg

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My 19 yr old was playing Mr. Mom the other day... quite a surprise. I quickly determined why: his new little girlfriend was over, and he was actually cooking for her. You could have knocked me over with a feather when he actually cleaned up the kitchen afterward... and, yes, did the dishes.

His next proclamation was even more shocking: "We're going to the grocery store... do you want me to pick up anything?" His Mom & I have decided that he must really like this girl.

So, I make him a list, and one item was some salmon. Major mistake, he comes home with a pound and a half.

Anyways, after I smoke it, and get one dinner from it... I've got a ton of salmon to deal with as leftovers. What to do?

Here's my solution, a salmon lasagna:

1.jpg

Step 1: The base, peas, salmon, mushrooms, in an alfredo, reduced...

2.jpg

Step 2: Build the first layer, add the cross sections and top...

3.jpg

Step 3: Build the 2nd layer, cross sections and top, bake...

5.jpg

Step 4: Cool, cut, serve...

The wife really liked this dish. The smokey taste of the salmon really flavored this dish nicely.

Now, if I can just get the boy to try salmon. Maybe if his girlfriend tells him it's good?

Last edited:
Collage-Salmon.jpg

Please explain this leftover salmon? :noidea:

Seriously, the lasagna looks wonderful. I'll try that soon. I've made salmon manicotti and ravioli a number of times and really like it.​

Collage-Salmon.jpg

Please explain this leftover salmon? :noidea:​

Seriously, the lasagna looks wonderful. I'll try that soon. I've made salmon manicotti and ravioli a number of times and really like it.​

WOW! Your dishes look amazing. Hard to believe you'd have any leftovers.

Our situation with our son is changing. he's discovering other foods, finally. For most of his life, he ate from the 3 food groups:

pizza, burgers, and chicken nuggets

He discovered fried shrimp recently, but won't touch salmon.

That leaves nearly a full pound after 1 meal for my 110 lb wife & I to eat: way too much.

I'll have to try the ravioli method next time... sounds like a natural for my little italian wifey. Thank you!

Looks fantastic!! I'd hit a few squares.

Most times we go with something like fish tacos or salmon dip with LO's. I'm liking this idea.

Thanks for sharing, looks like a great idea to me!:cool:

The base was quite tasty. I had about a half bowl left after finishing, and ate it right outta the bowl. Something about the salmon, peas, and mushrooms in the alfredo that just seem to go well together.

Thank you!

Where I come from - a pound and a half is an appetizer.........

One of the favorites of the MRI_Kiddos is squaw candy Alfredo pasta sauce.

Where I come from - a pound and a half is an appetizer.........

One of the favorites of the MRI_Kiddos is squaw candy Alfredo pasta sauce.

An appetizer? Gotta be honest, I am still laughing!!! Good one!

If I cannot cook one of my own, I'll use a ... (if I can get it) Barilla. I can augment them easily(they have 3 or 4 different variations that often save the day), to good result.

Love to hear more about the candy you make.

That lasagna looks great!!! Something we do is mix it with potatoes and seasoning and make a 2 crust pie out of it, then eat with white gravy.

Back