What's a '9' look like?

A

acorette

Many people have been posting turn in box pics asking people to rate them. I've seen people offering 6's, 7's, some 8's. Lots of verbal suggestions on what to do better. Anyone want to show us what a '9' looks like?

Everything I've seen so far looks pretty good to me. I can understand and appreciate the comments as well as the next guy.

I'm a CBJ myself, but I've never judged. I'm just looking to get some perspective on what the best should look like - in terms of pictures, not words.

Looking for any box pictures that people got great results on. Thanks!

takeout3%20copy.jpg

I think your serious....This was given 2 9's, but it also received an 8, 7 and 2 6's!

IMG_0359.jpg

What you need is some one to post a shot of a 180 box. Then you know all 6 judges said that is a 9!

I think your serious....This was given 2 9's, but it also received an 8, 7 and 2 6's!

IMG_0359.jpg

What you need is some one to post a shot of a 180 box. Then you know all 6 judges said that is a 9!

Maybe those that gave the 6 were looking at it upside down. :rolleyes:

AzQer just posted this a few days ago, as a CBj I thought it was a nine.

Picture049.jpg

Just so subjective!

Here are a few from the last year that averaged 8.3 or better in appearance:

brisket_large.jpg

~brisket.jpg

chicken.jpg

ribs.jpg

pork.jpg

salmon.jpg

bakedbeans_large.jpg

turkey_large.jpg

salsa2_large.gif

Those chicken thighs would be a 9 in my book. Those look awsome!!!

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Thanks Paul!

Anyone else willing to share?

AWESOME looking boxes across the board, the chicken is off the charts, I give it an 11!!! I have only judged one small comp and there was nothing there that looked anything like any of those boxes.

Back