View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #9
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Dogs View Post
From a Bama Buzzard, located in Louisianna...

What did 'ya expect?

However, yeah, I agree Bama. Particularly, I dont care that some, watching TV shows, etc. have begun to call all types of **** BBQ with no understanding of what is, isn't, might, might not be BBQ...

I'm not trying to argue over symantics if this is and that ain't BBQ, but without some grounding and understanding at least fundamentally (historically) what IS BBQ (and to some degree the roots of BBQ), there's no debate to be had.

However, I dont know that my or our opinion will change much. Reporters will still show un-informed stuff and pass it off as the end-all be-all. People will still see sanctioned BBQ cookoffs and think "they do it, it's definitely Q" when all they're seeing are sanctioning bodies defining their game, and in many cases organizers adding additional games in the mix. They're not trying to define what IS nor ISN'T Q. But, that's not what average Joe come away with...
On some level I see boundaries being widened further and further to the point where someone can chit in a hormel chili can and call it bbq, and by god that's what it is!!!!

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->