IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "Extravaganza of Peppers!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Extravaganza of Peppers!"

peppers-at-market_zps2278605d.jpg

As chosen by Der Husker for winning the "Gettin' Fed in the Med!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

DerHusker said:
Moose, how about "Extravaganza of Peppers!" It can be anything that starts out as a Whole Pepper or includes Peppers and the peppers must be displayed in the finished dish. Special Rules: 1. Chili/pepper powder or pepper/hot sauce doesn’t count. (I want to see pieces of pepper, not dust or liquid) 2. Black/White/Pink pepper or any other thing made from peppercorns is a spice.

Excellent! More special rules...:roll:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/28 through Sunday 4/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 4/7

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Interesting....wonder how many monster ABTs we will see.

Hmmm I better pay attention to the "special" rules :heh:

I do need to read more, maybe I need glasses.............or a bigger monitor :laugh:

So...

A bell pepper filled with hot sauce is out, right?
I believe there would be a pepper involved to hold the hot sauce, so it would qualify. I just didn't want to see anyone sprinkling their dish with some hot sauce or chili powder and saying it's a "Pepper" dish. I can think of quite a few dishes where peppers are one of the main ingredients. That's what I'm looking for and because there are so many varieties of peppers the list of possible dishes is large. I'm not trying to make it difficult. :becky:

So, I can eat dinner in my car? The rules never said poor ol' Pepper had to be cooked :becky:

xsigpic5149_3.gif.pagespeed.ic.IIJmKiv2ER.jpg

Back