Smoked Chix Boobs

L

Lazy Dawg

Thought I would try smoking some breasts Sunday. I have never injected chix. Any suggestions from the group on what to inject these chix hooters with?:confused:

Any "butter and garlic" combination will do with a rub on the outside and sauce to finish.

I always prefer brining chicken and rarely inject but I've thought about something along these lines of a fruit juice (Welch's white grape/peach maybe ?), melted butter and ginger to try at home once.

I brine also. Result is always juicer and better tasting

Simple brine, brown sugar, kosher salt, bay leaf and water. I don't measure.
Quartered apples and/or oranges add a hint of fruit if you like that.

Off the shelf Italian dressing is a nice marinade for boobs (chicken) too.

If you want to inject:
Tony C's cajun butter is a good injection, or make your own with onion juice, garlic juice, butter and whatever seasoning you like.

We never inject or chicken breasts, but often do our chicken ribs... LOL!!

Kevin said:
Quartered apples and/or oranges add a hint of fruit if you like that.

Fruit mixed in is great. At one of the contests this year I forgot the lemons that we use as part of our contest brine.... It was 2AM when I started to brine the drumsticks... Luckily, I had a huge tub of fresh fruit salad from Costco with me. I threw the 1/2 of the large bowl in the brine mix. (Cantaloupes, melon, pineapple, apple, grapes, strawberries, kiwi etc.)...

That was some good tasting chicken (6th out of 42) before even before I began to sauce it...... not what I'd ideally want for a contest entry, but it was so good, I'd definitely use it again for home cooking.

Sorry Lazy Dawg,

Injected chicken would never be good. Go ahead and soak it in salt.

I

Back