• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My UDS finally has a sibling! 30 gallon build COMPLETE. ProN after the jump. mUDS

jetfxr27

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Been a few months in the making but got her all wrapped up. She runs beautifully. Perhaps better than my 55. The innaugarul weekend she ran for a total of 30 hours on approx. 8 pounds of K blue and a half stick of Mesquite.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Seasoned her up with a quagmire of meats, then through on a chuckie, ate that went to bed , woke up still had plenty fuel, and she was still holding 225*, so through on a couple hickory chunks and some rib tips. All good. :thumb::thumb:

30 gallon open top Freebie, Avg cost $30, kingsford 18.5" kettle from Home Depot $49.99, Coal basket made from kettle coal grate and expanded metal.
3/4 intakes with conduit nuts, (awaiting weld job).

Could nt be prouder.

Gettin wholes drilled, Thanks N8man for the pattern.:thumb:
85412855.jpg

Mock up, all ground out and prepped with veggie oil.
IMG_1100.jpg

Mock up
7a57c41c.jpg

Seasoning log/ fatty. Cleaned out the fridge and smeared it in bacon grease. Worked great.
IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

Last edited:
Its barrel distortion in my cheap arse camera.

Nice!

I agree, I wouldn't trade my 30gal for anything!! It is perfect for the smaller to average sized cooks I have been doing and the efficiency is unbelievable!! Two good lookin drums though.

I agree, I wouldn't trade my 30gal for anything!! It is perfect for the smaller to average sized cooks I have been doing and the efficiency is unbelievable!! Two good lookin drums though.

Hey another Memphis Boy! Any pics of your MUDS?

Back