• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finished BACON: (with pron)

Man that looks good! Well done sir.

No intention to hijack, but I've recently begun to cook bacon in the oven. Real simple set/forget w/ easy clean-up.

Cookie sheet lined w/ foil.

Lay out bacon. Put in cold oven.

Set oven to 400.

Check in about 18 mins.

Looks great thanks for the pics. I haven't done bacon yet but it is in the plans. Looking at that just moved it up the to do list. Did you slice freehand or did you use a slicer?

Looks great thanks for the pics. I haven't done bacon yet but it is in the plans. Looking at that just moved it up the to do list. Did you slice freehand or did you use a slicer?

Thank you! That's freehand, but a sliver is definetly the way to go, for sure.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Looks great. As the fates would have it, I've got two two-pound bellies curing in the fridge right now. They've been there about ten days. Think I'll smoke 'em tomorrow. It'll be my first home cured and smoked bacon.

Looks great. As the fates would have it, I've got two two-pound bellies curing in the fridge right now. They've been there about ten days. Think I'll smoke 'em tomorrow. It'll be my first home cured and smoked bacon.
I usually cure for 7 days and dry in fridge for 2. You should prob pull them and give a good rise under cold water then dry in the fridge over night. Just my
e-twocents.gif

Back