• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Those dirty rings!

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Next time, I might have to use Spray N Wash. :biggrin:

Attachments

• brisket 014 [640x480].JPG
    brisket 014 [640x480].JPG
    98 KB · Views: 364
  • brisket 017 [640x480].JPG
    brisket 017 [640x480].JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 367
  • brisket 028 [640x480].JPG
    brisket 028 [640x480].JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 365
Nice ring, Todd!!!

Does that mean pork shoulder is from Venus? And where are moink balls from then???

Wow. I can't decide if that's hot pink, magenta, or fuchsia. That bark seems to have a rainbow of colors in it as well. You serving that brisket with 'shrooms?:wink:

J/K
Seriously, that's a killer smoke ring.

Sweeet!

But it does remind me of the time the rooster rolled the ostrich egg into the hen house and said " girls, I'm not complaining, but i would like you to see what others are doing"

Man, I got some work to do when I want a smoke ring.

I didnt think one of those cheater cookers were capable of that

Traeger 075 with Cherry pellets

It is a myth that you can't get a smoke ring with a pellet cooker. You just have to know how to use them... low and slow.

Wow. I can't decide if that's hot pink, magenta, or fuchsia. That bark seems to have a rainbow of colors in it as well. You serving that brisket with 'shrooms?:wink:

J/K
Seriously, that's a killer smoke ring.

It is for a catering drop off today. I think they will be pleased. :wink: I know at $10/lb I will be.

Oooo...ring pretty! Gonna try for a ring like that this weekend.

Traeger 075 with Cherry pellets

It is a myth that you can't get a smoke ring with a pellet cooker. You just have to know how to use them... low and slow.

It is for a catering drop off today. I think they will be pleased. :wink: I know at $10/lb I will be.
I recently bought a pellet smoker and I don't seem to get much of a smoke ring. I thought maybe I just didn't get enough smoke on it. So Last Night I smoked another brisket and we will see I pulled it at 11 am and holding until 4 is there something I'm missing that is different with the pellet smokers,the flavor is there but not much ring?

I recently bought a pellet smoker and I don't seem to get much of a smoke ring. I thought maybe I just didn't get enough smoke on it. So Last Night I smoked another brisket and we will see I pulled it at 11 am and holding until 4 is there something I'm missing that is different with the pellet smokers,the flavor is there but not much ring?

Tyler... Are you talking about the Bradley that is in your signature, or do you have something else? The Bradley isn't a pellet smoker like the Traeger or FEC-100. As far as I know, the Bradley uses an electric element for heat and pressed wood biscuits for smoke. If that's wrong, please let me know.

Anyway, with the Bradley (and the electric Cookshack smokers), the main heat source is the electric element and the biscuit (or wood for the Cookshack) doesn't really burn, it only smolders to provide the smoke flavor. Since the wood isn't burning the nitrates (or is it nitrites, I always get confused) that cause the smoke ring aren't present. In a pellet smoker the heat source is the burning pellets. Since they are burning the nitrates are there to create a smoke ring. The key to creating the smoke ring, however, is to keep the temp low enough to get the smoke and nitrates. If you cook at too high a temp the pellets burn so cleanly that they don't produce any smoke and the smoke ring is much less.

Back