Thread: Advice Please!
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #20
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357.luis View Post
Final Update: So the cook went good...but.

I started at 3:45 am. I was done seasoning the ribs at 4:11 and allowed the ribs to sweat in the fridge until 4:15 am. I had the ribs on the grill at 5:30 using standard Weber rib racks. 5 on top and four on the bottom. I had to skewer the rib ends to keep them straight and to keep them from touching. I foiled the water pan and ran it empty with Jealous Devil lump. I maintained a temp of 260 probing through the rubber grommet on the side of the WSM. I spritzed the ribs every 45 minutes and rotated from top to bottom after two hours. The bark was set 3 1/2 hours into the cook. I wrapped the ribs at that time and continued cooking for an additional hour. Some ribs were done and I began checking and pulling the racks as they were finished every 30 min. I placed the ribs back on with sauce on 15 minutes prior to serving.

***Some racks ended up overdone because when I pulled them I immediately placed them in a dry cooler to hold. I believed they continued to cook when doing this. Note to self.... next time burb the ribs for 10-15 minutes before placing them in the dry cooler to hold.

In the end, everyone loved the ribs including the ones that were falling off the bone. I learned a lot and my buddy was extremely grateful. Thank you, everyone, for your help and advice with this cook. I really appreciate all that took the time to respond. God Bless.

No photos? Sounds like went well. Timing lot of meat can be changing.