Leg O Lamb

Fatback Joe

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This was supposed to be supper on Saturday, but went to an auction in the afternoon and stayed longer than anticipated so it became lunch on Sunday.........not that any of this matters, I suppose.
blushing.gif

Anyhow, had a leg of lamb to cook and in the midst of trimming noticed the camera nearby so took a quick shot.

picture.php

Made a paste of garlic and oregano, and whisked it with some EVOO and lemon juice. Dropped it all in a bag to marinade for a few hours, but wound up leaving it over night. Took it out Sunday morning and hit with some Jane's Krazy Mixed Up Salt and CBP and tied it loosely to hold some shape. Into the cooker at 250 with apple for the smoke. Pulled it off to rest at 130 internal.

picture.php

I was kind of surprise by how light colored it was. Maybe being in the marinade overnight affected something. Any ideas?
shrug.gif

Anyhow, let it rest for an hour or so and than ran it through the Hobart to get some real thin slices.

picture.php

Took a few handfuls of the slices and threw them in a hot cast iron pan with some butter to put a nice crust on the meat. Stuffed it into warm pita bread with some sauteed onions, diced tomato and homemade tzatziki sauce.

picture.php

As with many things, the pics don't do it justice. Made for a nice lunch yesterday.

Wow, that looks great! Perfectly done, too. Did I mention that looks great? :becky:

That looks great . My wife loves lamb. Ill have to give this a try.

That looks amazing! I really have to stop looking at pics before lunch...

Back