Third-Eye's Green Chili

J

J Appledog

We just won our neighborhood association's annual chili cook-off with Wayne's green chile recipe! A big thank you to Wayne and his bride. JCA

Agreed..

I've had it a few times when Sledneck makes it using Thirdeye's recipe and it's fantastic.

Congrats !!

The only thing I did differently was that I made a roux with the pork fat left in the pan after I cooked it on the BGE. I heated that back up and added the flour and cooked it for a few minutes. Then I added chicken stock, instead of water, a little at a time until it thickened. Then I added that whole mess to the big pot.

We used 10 serranos as we didn't want it to be too hot for our wimpy Midwestern neighbors.

Thanks for the congrats. It's time to celebrate.

"I drink champagne when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty." Madame Lily Bollinger

Julie, I must have read between the lines on your e-mail the other day....I thought you won the green chili category.... So, you took 1st overall?

I know this, I had some at the brethren bash in K.C, I thought it was farking awsome stuff!!!

Back