• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Post Man Comith

Dirtbuddy

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This weeks deliveries.....

P1010336.jpg

P1010337.jpg

P1010338.jpg

P1010339.jpg

Nice, that's one wood that I have never tried but really want to! Maple. Nice score!

I really like the note you got with the wood.
Australian company's would be lucky to send you a receipt.
I have noticed the diff buying from the States.
cheers.
Titch

I like maple syrup drizzled over a bacon wrapped sfuffie, but I don't want my BBQ to taste like maple syrup. I doubt it will though. I heard that wicked good has maple in their weekend warrior blend. I'm not so certain but I know it's damn good charwood!

They contend that a higher moisture level (30% and higher) in wood makes for better smoking. That sounds more like smoldering to me.
Am I wrong or is 30% moisture level considered "seasoned" wood?

I made the mistake of not mixing the maple 1 time I ended up with candied turkey. That was the second time I had used maple and much stronger than the first batch!

They contend that a higher moisture level (30% and higher) in wood makes for better smoking. That sounds more like smoldering to me.
Am I wrong or is 30% moisture level considered "seasoned" wood?

20% moisture or less is seasoned wood, the good news is that in about 4 weeks the moisture content of both the hickory and the maple will be at or below 20%, if stored in a warm dry place.

Your PostMan must be waitin for an invite!!!! Great Haul. I've tried a couple of Oakridge BBQ's rubs and cann't ask for a better product. Let us know how the Secret Weapon is.

Enjoy

Back