36 hour sous vide asian pork belly

It does look great!

BTW, not sure you should call it "faux porchetta", guys.
One of my pet peeves (why do I always feel I am too much in touch with my feminine side when I say that?)
the diminishing of our language when people use names of known things for something else, in this case I don't think "porchetta" has to be a particular cut other than fatty pork?
Anyone?
I think that is porchetta?

Here ya go....[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porchetta"]Porchetta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

so it looks like it can be all kinds of fatty pig meats. The recipe I based it off of had a whole story about the background of the porchetta and what cut it was etc. Seems like that is just one way to do it (as with most things)

Porchetta is highly regional. In some firm or other it is a rolled pork roast stuffed with herbs. But, there are regions where it must be whole hog, others that say any pork roast that is rolled with herbs. Think of using the term BBQ pork in the US.

Porchetta is highly regional. In some firm or other it is a rolled pork roast stuffed with herbs. But, there are regions where it must be whole hog, others that say any pork roast that is rolled with herbs. Think of using the term BBQ pork in the US.

That's cool. Im going to try some of the others too. This was really good but I think I'll play around with some of the other cuts as well

Back