New smoker for 2011'

moocow

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We decided about half way threw the season this year that we wanted a new smoker. There were several reasons why with the main reasons being weight and wanted it to be easy to clean. We have decided on another insulated vertical cabinet type but this one will be 100% stainless steel. I know some of you followed my "New smoker for 09'" thread so I will make this one similar so you can follow along with the build. I built the frame this weekend and need to have the outer skin bent to slide in the frame. I will Keep you updated.

Attachments

• IMG_4228.jpg
    IMG_4228.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,604
  • IMG_4230.jpg
    IMG_4230.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,596
Go ahead and make two, I'll cover the cost of supplies and you can keep the prettier one :thumb:

Looks like the start of something great! :p I too am changing smokers for 2011...hope to be your neighbors again next year at the Jack...:thumb:
JD

Sounds cool Shane, but I gotta ask about the mask hanging on the board???:twisted:

Very cool, I love to watch talent!:thumb: Can't wait for more.

Mask? I'm more curious about the bong on the floor! Sssssmokin' build, Shane!

Don't get the wrong idea about me, the jar is for collecting pennies and the Funny mask is carved from a coconut. But it would be more fun to call it the shrunken head of the last judge who gave me all 5's!!!

Good luck with the build, Shane. Do you have a target date for burn-in? Hope I get a chance to see it.

UPDATE- Painfully waiting on a $300 piece of stainless for the inner walls(Down fall of making a stainless steel smoker). Decided to make a rack today to see how it would turn out. Used Expanded on my last smoker and it works well but sucks to clean. New one is 1/4" stainless round rod with a 3/8" frame. I am happy with the way it turned out.

Attachments

• CIMG0197.jpg
    CIMG0197.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,238
That is a beaut of a rack Shane. Very nice upgrade from expanded metal.

Have made a little progress today. I had been waiting for my sheet of 16G stainless to come in and get bent and it has and I picked it up Friday. When I got home from work today I got to work on it. Got the skin installed and then tacked up the top and bottom, everything fit well so next up is about 24' of weld before I can put in the false walls in it. Had a helper today, he was driving Mom crazy so he hung out with me. The little guy was not alive when his big brother(in the first picture) helped me build the last smoker. Why do they always want to get it these things?:crazy:

Attachments

• new smoker-4.jpg
    new smoker-4.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 675
  • new smoker-3.jpg
    new smoker-3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 671
  • new smoker-2.jpg
    new smoker-2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 672
  • new smoker-1.jpg
    new smoker-1.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 673
  • new smoker-0.jpg
    new smoker-0.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 675
Nice meeting you at the Jack, Shane.

Attachments

• Moo Cow (4).jpg
    Moo Cow (4).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 656
  • Moo Cow (3).jpg
    Moo Cow (3).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 654
  • Moo Cow (2).jpg
    Moo Cow (2).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 658
  • Moo Cow (1).jpg
    Moo Cow (1).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 658
I was finally able to work on the new smoker this past weekend. Got the false walls and water pan welded in and started to add some of the rack guides. Also built on of the doors so I could see how the lift off hinges would work. Getting excited, its just hard to find time to work on it around the holidays with all of the family stuff going on. Anyway, let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_4468.jpg
    IMG_4468.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_4466.jpg
    IMG_4466.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 607
  • IMG_4469.jpg
    IMG_4469.jpg