Need a side dish idea...

biggin69

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am going to smoke a 5# pork loin and a fatty on the us tomorrow. I nned some ideas for a side or two to smoke with it. I did smoked Mac and cheese last week.

Thanks!

^^that and you may like some pablano peppers stuffed with sausage and add rice if you'd like

Pork loin? How about some apples or pears stuffed with walnuts or pecans and cinnamon? Stuffed acorn squash? Sweet corn with a pork rub wrapped in bacon?

The smoked mashed taters sound pretty darn good. Got a recipe?

How about some baked beans with some bacon or smoked sausage.

The smoked mashed taters sound pretty darn good. Got a recipe?
Put your taters on the pit to cook until they probe tender put them in to a bowl with a stick of butter S&P and Smash 'em up real good add some shredded white cheddar and chopped scallions. a few crumbled strips of bacon and 1/3 cup of sour cream to start until they get to the consistency you like add cream as needed.

Suggestion??

May I recommend smoked Gouda and roasted Hatch green chile to your dish??

If you cannot find potatoes :)), bacon wrapped asparagus, butternut squash, garlic bacon mushrooms my my my the list is endless. Good luck with the spuds

Should I foil the potatoes before putting them on the smoker? What about peeling?

Should I foil the potatoes before putting them on the smoker? What about peeling?
I never do I mash 'em skins and all that's where most of the nutrients are. put a litlte olive oil on your hands and rub them down and coat with some Kosher salt and put them on the pit. If ya wrap 'em in foil they wont get no smoke:crazy:

I never do I mash 'em skins and all that's where most of the nutrients are. put a litlte olive oil on your hands and rub them down and coat with some Kosher salt and put them on the pit. If ya wrap 'em in foil they wont get no smoke:crazy:

Right.......what was I thinking??? :confused:

what about baked beans. You know the music side dish

Back