Yeah...I've always resisted putting CST or CDT in the times I post for the Throwdowns. I'm used to that sorta thing, but I usually just confuse people when trying to get more precise. This is contrary to yesterdays theory that people like things more complex (go figure). At first, I didn't realize lando made a miscalculation trying to convert from Central, I thought he was just trying to point out it should be Pacific and changed it to 11 for some unknown reason. Now I get it though. And for you folks on the other side of the International Date Line, this means you have until Monday, you lucky farkers you.

Although...if I start travelling very, very fast, approaching the speed of light...then as far as you're concerned this thing will be open for a very long time.

OK then, how about DeGuerre's Bistro and Vomitorium? All you can injest. With an Italian/Callifornian theme you understand...free hosing at the end of each meal. Troughs optional.

Actually, I am pretty sure (where is Gore when you need him) that as you approach the speed of light, time slows and then maybe even ceases to exist. This would mean that this Throw Down would never close. Of course, it might mean it also is no longer solely in this brane and has jumped to another parallel universe, where indeed, sprouts might be BBQ and California might be the norm.

If we are traveling at or near the speed of light, then we would all be quanta, which would mean we cannot really measure anything without fundamentally affecting the object itself, we would never actually know if that brisket is actually done, or over done, or even a brisket at all.

Is there even really such a thing as time?

(where is Gore when you need him)

Gore is never here or there. It's a weird space time continuum thing that only can be explained with charts, graphs and mass quantities of diuretics.

With a month to go this thread is going to get really strange before anyone even posts an entry...

With a month to go this thread is going to get really strange before anyone even posts an entry...

Going to get? Actually I might have a dual entry for Landarc's 4-ingredient throwdown and this one on the grill tonight. Are bean sprouts as globally loathed as alfalfa sprouts?

No, there are large parts of the world that love bean sprouts.

It occurs to me that a really good baked chicken bun with sprouts would allow you to enter three Throw Downs at once.

You saw what happened with the Dim Sum MOINK Disaster. I don't have any desire to repeat that again by attempting anything resembling Chinese buns, chicken or otherwise.

But then again...

Should be interesting
We have three parties we are catering in February
Maybe take a few pictures

Hmmmmmmmmm........Let me think.

To many requirments in the rules. Never seen that before. Only for Cali hummm

I've been thinking more about this whole Throwdown.

Not only will my restaurant be called

Boshizzles
California Cuisine with a Touch of Soul

The restaurant will be on a train car that goes through the Napa Valley. So that will make it a SOUL TRAIN...

Maybe it will be powered by an old steam engine that burns Tarot Chips for fuel.

Can I sell camo hats and 30-06 on the Soul Train?

I've never done a throwdown but I'm in for this for sure. My camera skills suck but I'll give it my best.

Do we have to get a temporary permit and contact the HD, how many employee's, do we need a nsf approved smoker, a safe serve course, being from Canada do I need a visa, etc....big question---tofu not a requirement right...? :confused: :wink:

Just kidding, Bigabyte an interesting concept.:thumb: Should be fun, if i can get some time I might just open up a Gastro-bbq Pub.

Edit: on second thought, I do this as a living already although not in Ca, so on that basis I'm out...:heh:

Can I sell camo hats and 30-06 on the Soul Train?

I've never done a throwdown but I'm in for this for sure. My camera skills suck but I'll give it my best.

I hear ya, but I wouldn't worry bout it, some folks are photographers first and bbq foodie's last, for me when I vote it's for the food content not how pretty it's dressed up.:confused: Besides my camera skills suck too...:becky:

I see eggplant and Tofu in our future,,,,,
Just sayin.:p

Last edited:
NOT AN ENTRY!!!

... although I suppose it could be. Would carrots and bean sprouts on a pizza qualify as California-ish enough for this throwdown?

IMG_0367.jpg

Even better, it was made with dough-from-a-tube...

IMG_0360.jpg

Of course, I would never use that as an entry here as the business would never fly in CA if word got out I wasn't using 100% whole-wheat foo-foo crust for the pizza.

Not to mention free-range chicken...

We now return you to your regular programming. Nothing to see here, move along...

Back