• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lewistown, Montana Contest

Merl

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
From the Quick Notes of the Board December 8, 2010:

"Wayne Lohman made a motion to require Lewistown, Mt. to provide financial security and to secure the deficiencies of sanctioning within 5 business days. In the event the organizer of the Lewistown, Mt contest fail to come into compliance, within 5 business days, then KCBS sanctioning will be withdrawn. The motion was seconded by Don Harwell.

Vote:
10 yes, 0 no, 0 abstentions
The motion to obtain financial security and to cure the deficiencies of sanctioning as to the Lewistown, Mt. contest, passes."

I have been advised by the KCBS office that the contest has been removed from the KCBS web site and will not be sanctioned by KCBS.

Merl

Thanks Merl, Figured that was coming... Way to many things that didnt match up there...
Glad the scam got caught early!

I have been pretty critical of the BoD in the other thread, so I will mention here that it looks like they handled the situation right and proactively addressed a situation before it became a real problem. Good job, and thanks.

Erik

I too am critical and not happy with the normal M.O. of this board but even so, I will be one of the first to acknowledge when something is handled well and this is one of those times. Well done...

Back