A New Toy Or Two

speers90

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ask and you shall receive! Thanks untraceable, for the lead on the FEC-120. I picked it up today and it is for all intents and purposes brand new. I am not sure it has had enough cooks to be considered broke in yet.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And I traded for this MAK 2 Star general with TTNuge, I had to give up a MJH (new style) but I think we both felt like it was a good trade. He really likes the vertical cabinet cookers and I wanted to give a high quality pellet grill a try, especially since I have an old style MJH and now the FEC-120. I envision the MAK being mostly a grill for my family and an occasional smoker when we just want to cook for us, but most of the time when I bbq I end up cooking 100+ pounds for the neighbors!

picture.php

nice FEC. my buddy has one and it cooks well. not a huge smoke flavor, but very clean burning and easy to use.

Merry Christmas in August !!!! Those are going to be more fun than the boxes they came in.

On the outside chance that i offended anyone by not saying happy holidays feel free to get over it :)

nice FEC. my buddy has one and it cooks well. not a huge smoke flavor, but very clean burning and easy to use.

Having cooked on a lot of different styles of cookers I have a few ideas on how to increase the smoke amount, but at this point they are theories until I try them. I am in the process of heating the fec up right now so I can try out my first idea.

Congratulations! I feel like the Best Man in this marriage of man and machine

I'm glad you found what you were looking for, Ryan. That looks like it is in great shape as you said.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for, Ryan. That looks like it is in great shape as you said.

Thanks! FYI, I had that guy with the klose/fec trailer talked down substantially lower than what is posted on Craigslist. I was ready to pull the trigger until he sent me pics of the FEC.

Very glad that it didn't work out and I was able to pick this one up within 30 minutes of my house.

Having cooked on a lot of different styles of cookers I have a few ideas on how to increase the smoke amount, but at this point they are theories until I try them. I am in the process of heating the fec up right now so I can try out my first idea.

A bit off-topic, but I read that those amaz-n-tube smokers are an excellent way to increase smoke flavor...not tried one yet, though.

A bit off-topic, but I read that those amaz-n-tube smokers are an excellent way to increase smoke flavor...not tried one yet, though.

I have heard that as well. I just made a little basket that partially sits over the firepot, it is working great.

The first thing is to not start out too hot, something around 200 will get you more smoke. You could also add a rack for chunks next to your burn pot. Just some expanded metal dished slightly and screwed next to the pot works good. I also heard a rumor that cookshack is working on some type of smoke box, so you might give them a call.

Everybody is happy now, or should I say, everyone is happy FOR now.......

Back