• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cherry and apple chunks for smoking

Daggs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Very random that this came up the way it did but it did. A very good friend of mine called me a few hours ago really excited, he found enough wood to heat his house for the whole winter and then some. Then he said "it's all cherry too". My jaw hit the ground. I guess I'm wondering what size pieces I should cut them into to add to the UDS when smoking. I also thought that was a great opportunity to make a little money. I have an apple tree that is coming down soon so I will have quite a bit of both. Anybody local I'd like to help out and give some to when I get it. Anyone who buys fruit wood chunks I'm wondering what the going rate it. Thanks

Daggs -

I live in the western suburbs of Chicago and I would love to buy some of that apple wood. When do you think it will be available?

I'm not looking to sell to the brethren. I have a tree in my yard that I need to remove some limbs. I was thinking about cutting them into rounds about 1" thick then putting them in the debydrator for a short time and trying them. I can send you a small box or meat (pun intended) if I'm out that way.
Possibly this weekend cutting a 3"+ limb off.

Back